[Sealang-l] Support Announcement

Jonah Lin jonahlin at mx.nthu.edu.tw
Wed Aug 3 02:15:07 UTC 2016

Date: 3-Aug-2016

From: Jonah Lin jonahlin at mx.nthu.edu.tw

Subject: Chinese Linguistics, Austronesian Linguistics, PhD, National Tsing Hua University. Taiwan

Department: Linguistics

Level: PhD

Institution/Organization: National Tsing Hua University, Taiwan

Duty: Research

Specialty Areas: Chinese syntax and semantics; phonetics and phonology; Austronesian linguistics

The Graduate Institute of Linguistics, National Tsing Hua University, Taiwan invites application to our PhD programs. The number of  The Linguistics Institute also offers TA-ship and RA-ship with different levels of funding to PhD students who do not obtain financial supports from outside sources.

We provide PhD-level research opportunities and training oninstitute scholarships is not affected by proficiency of Mandarin Chinese. For application to the PhD program of Tsing Hua Linguistics, a master’s degree on linguistics or related academic fields is needed.

Please visit the website <http://oiaapply.ad.nthu.edu.tw/InternationalDegreeStudent/> for application to our PhD program. Also go to <http://oga.nthu.edu.tw/news.php?id=292&lang=en> to download the admission instructions for Spring 2007. Please follow the procedure specified therein and submit the documents required for the application. Announcement will be made and the applicants will be contacted individually as soon as the decision is made.

Please visit the website <http://tafs.mofa.gov.tw/Default.aspx?loc=en> for application to the Taiwan Fellowships & Scholarships (TAFS) program, offered by Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Ministry of Education, Taiwan, which is independent of the application to the PhD program at National Tsing Hua University. For application to the International Student Scholarship of National Tsing Hua University, please visit the webpage <http://exten.web.nthu.edu.tw/files/11-1154-9508.php?Lang=en>. The TA-ship and RA-ship of the Linguistics Institute are determined and assigned after the enrollment of the admitted students.

Application Time: 1-Sept-2016 to 1-Nov-2016 for Spring 2017; admission announcement in mid December 2016.

Web Address for Applications: http://oiaapply.ad.nthu.edu.tw/InternationalDegreeStudent/

Contact Information:
	Professor Jonah Lin
	jonahlin at mx.nthu.edu.tw