[Sealang-l] Fwd: [tlc] L-translator Hmong and/or Lao needed

Doug Cooper doug.cooper.thailand at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 23:02:34 UTC 2017

My name is Tina Henry (tina.henry at showofforce.com
<mailto:tina.henry at showofforce.com>) and I’m an associate producer with Show
of Force, a New York-based production company. Currently we're working on
documentary about the global effort to eradicate polio. There was a minor
outbreak in Laos in 2015, and the government reacted quickly to vaccinate
vulnerable populations and keep the disease contained. Our crew was on hand in
late 2016 to film the final vaccination campaign before the one-year
assessment to see if Laos can once again be declared polio-free.

We visited many small communities where English was not spoken. Because of
this, I'm looking for someone who can help out with our translations so we can
add appropriate subtitles. The languages we need assistance with are Lao and
Hmong.

Would it be possible to have a message sent out to your listserv to see if
anyone would be interested in translating footage for us? They don't have to
speak both languages. We can offer compensation of $150 per hour of video
footage for the translators. The job is 100% remote.

Thanks,

-Tina

Tina Henry
304 Hudson Street, Suite 602, New York, 10013