[Sealang-l] Lao Language Learning App

Doug Cooper doug.cooper.thailand at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 07:24:09 UTC 2018

Fwd from [tlc]
Subject: 	Lao Language Learning App
Date: 	Mon, 5 Feb 2018 16:05:51 +0000
From: 	Gregory Hanks Green <ghg4 at cornell.edu>

Hello Everyone,

I’ve developed a Lao language learning app for Android devices and just put it
on the Google Play Store (for free, no ads) for wider distribution.  The app
is called “Study Lao” and was developed by me for the Center for Lao Studies
(CLS) in partnership with the Center for Southeast Asian Studies at Northern
Illinois University (NIU CSEAS). Much of the content for the app was adapted,
with permission, from material on the Lao language section of the SEAsite
website at NIU CSEAS at www.seasite.niu.edu <http://www.seasite.niu.edu>. The
remainder of the material was written by me for this app.  The app contains a
few introductory lessons that go over the alphabet, tone rules, basic grammar,
etc. with some practice activities, and then the 30 main lessons from the
SEAsite Lao section.

If you have an Android based device (tablet, phone, etc.) and are interested
in installing the app, please search for “Study Lao” on the Play Store.  I
plan on developing a version of the app for Apple devices, but that may take a
while as I focus on other projects for a while.

Thanks again to the testers who gave me some great feedback over the past month.

Enjoy the app,

Greg
Gregory Green
Curator, John M. Echols Collection on Southeast Asia

179 Kroch Library
Cornell University Library
Ithaca, NY 14853
ghg4 at cornell.edu <mailto:ghg4 at cornell.edu>