[Sealang-l] Call for Papers: The 11th Linguistic Landscape Workshop (XIScape2019)

Pavadee Saisuwan Pavadee.S at chula.ac.th
Tue Sep 18 09:38:24 UTC 2018

Call for Papers
The 11th Linguistic Landscape Workshop (XIScape2019)
4 - 6 June 2019
Chulalongkorn University
Bangkok, Thailand
http://www.arts.chula.ac.th/ling/llfest/
?contact at xiscape2019.com

As the first Linguistic Landscape workshop convened in Asia, the theme for this year's XIScape2019 is, appropriately, "East Meets West: Social Reflection and Integration." Among the topics welcomed are:

*   LL in diverse parts of the world
*   LL, language contact, and cultural diffusion
*   LL in different domains of language use
*   LL and language policy and planning
*   Contributions of LL to interdisciplinary frameworks
*   Application of LL to real-life problems
*   LL and language proficiency
*   LL and social values, social function, social ideology
*   LL and identity (gender, religion, etc.)
*   Verbal art in LL

In keeping with recent practice, we interpret "linguistic landscape" broadly to include both language in all its forms along with the non-linguistic, semiotic affordances that create and convey meaning.

With this in mind, and following the precedent of previous workshops, we invite you to submit your abstract (with keywords) no later than 1 December 2018 - see submission link below. Please be assured that this is an absolute deadline and there will be no last-minute extensions.

Your abstract should be no more than 300 words. References must be included as a separate pdf file and submitted in the upload area provided:

*   your theoretical framework or core literature is made explicit;
*   you give at least two or three citations with full references;
*   your data/evidence and analytical/interpretive process is clearly stated;
*   you offer five or six keywords.

Your abstracts will be reviewed by our review committee (to be announced) and we expect to confirm acceptance by 21 January 2019.

Submission link: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=xiscape2019

---
Pavadee Saisuwan, PhD
Department of Linguistics