[Sealang-l] Call for Abstracts - 2019 Int'l Conference on the Austronesian and Papuan Worlds, Bali-Indonesia

Wayan Arka wayanarka45 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 13:15:44 UTC 2019

*CALL FOR ABSTRACTS*

*The 2019 International Conference on the Austronesian and Papuan Worlds *
(ICAPaW)

*6-8 September 2019; Denpasar, Bali-Indonesia*

*Jointly organised by*
*Udayana University, Australian National University, and University of
Liverpool*

*Conference Theme: *
*The dynamics of the Contemporary Austronesian and Papuan Worlds from
cross-disciplinary perspectives*

We invite abstracts for 30-minute presentations on any topics in relation
to the socio, cultural and linguistic dynamics of the Austronesian and
Papuan Worlds. We welcome papers that discuss the following sub-themes:

a)       *the dynamics of Austronesian/Papuan languages:* phonetics and
phonology, morphosyntax, semantics, discourse/pragmatics, vernacular
acquisition/learning/teaching, translation and interpreting, …

b)  *the socio and cultural dynamics of  indigeneity, heritage and
identity:* multilingualism, cultural pluralism/multiculturalism,
language/culture endangerment, vernacular histories/oral traditions,
heritage tourism, *adat*/indigenous rights/advocacy, social and religious
harmony.

*Invited speakers:*

Prof Simon Haberle (Archaeology, Australian National University)

Prof Chris Ballard (History, Australian National University)

Prof I Ketut Artawa (Linguistics, Udayana University)

A/Prof I Wayan Arka (Linguistics, Australian National University/Udayana
University)

Dr. Perrine Brusini (Psychological Sciences, University of Liverpool)

*Specifications of the abstracts*:

Please submit a one-page abstract (A4) in English in 10pt or larger type,
with margins of at least 1.5 cm on all four sides, and it should include a
title. All abstracts will be reviewed anonymously. Omit name and
affiliation, and avoid obvious self-reference. Information about the title
of your abstract and the author(s) must be included in the body text of
your email.

*Important dates*:        Deadline for abstract submission: 5 July 2019

                                    Notification of acceptance: 19 July 2019

For further questions, please see
https://cirhss.unud.ac.id/pages/icapaw-2019, or contact <
icapaw2019 at gmail.com>, or the Local Organising Committee: Dr. I Made Netra (
imadenetra at unud.ac.id, mobile/WA number: +628133729160 ), Dr. Seri Malini (