grad students/ outreach

James Gerhart genevra at u.washington.edu
Thu Apr 6 18:27:24 UTC 1995

Olga, again you are exactly right.  I keep wanting more.  It's the change
in mentality that needs fixing: language departments as a whole need to
understand that they have an obligation to the profession, to keep it
alive. They cannot afford to hole up in their offices and spend eternity
trying to one-up one another.  They are part of the world if they are
anything at all.  That's all.  I urge you to continue your urging, I
surely shot my wad several communiques ago. Regards, Genevra