Q: 19th c. Russian painting

Mark Pepevnak pepevnak at epas.utoronto.ca
Sat Apr 8 19:44:03 UTC 1995

Dear listreaders,

Could someone tell me the name of the artist who painted a 19th century
work entitled (something like) *At the Muslim Barber's*? Would anyone know
the exact date of the painting? and the Russian title? Would anyone then
also know of an art book in which it's reproduced (in colour)? I have
several Russian art books, but it's not in any of them. If this helps, I
believe it hangs in the Tretyakov. As a guess, I think it might be
Vereshchagin, but I'm still interested in all the other info. Thanks in
advance. (I will post a summary.)

Sincerely,

Mark

Mark Pepevnak