words

Gene Shennikov interggs at ix.netcom.com
Thu Apr 13 08:28:07 UTC 1995

You wrote:

>Dear Seelangers,
>                Has anyone come across the Russian words "zadannost"
and
>"podel'shchik?  Thanks in advance,
>                                  Robert Orr

"podel'shchik" is some kind of partner (often in some illigal deed, as
theft). "Podelit" means share, "podelat" means do.

It is difficult to find even example for "zadannost". I didn't see it
in any dictionary, and it is far from been common. But as native
Russian speaker I would define "zadannost" as "fact that some condition
already exists".
For example "zadannost eksperimentalnih dannih" means that
"experimental data were collected and you have to take it in
consideration".

 Gene

Gene Shennikov                          InterGGS, Inc.

2217 Harbor Blvd,#E5                    tel. 714/548-3635
Costa Mesa, CA 92627                    fax. 714/650-3203
               Business consultants and services.
                 (Former Soviet Union region)
                   Softaware developement.
Products: Russian-English-Russian Dictionary for Windows $29.99
Russian-English notepad for Windows
(KOI-8,MAC and CP 1251 formats)                          $25.00