Help with Ukrainian name?

BWITYAK at drew.edu BWITYAK at drew.edu
Sun Apr 23 02:28:56 UTC 1995

I was wondering if anyone could help me with this Ukrainian surname--

        When I started researching my family history a few years ago,
I tried to get some background on my own last name, which is spelled
Wityak.  All I know about it is that it came from my paternal
great-grandfather, who immigrated here from Ukraine with his wife
around the turn of the century.  Does anyone possibly know where this
name comes from, or what it's original spelling might have been?  Or
does anyone know of any resources on Ukrainian names that they can
direct me to?
        If you can help, you can either post here or email me
personally at BWITYAK at daniel.drew.edu.  Thank you very much!
                                        Brandy Wityak
                                        Drew University
                                        Madison, New Jersey