more on advertising and SEELANGS

Dr Yoshimasa Tsuji ytsuji at cfi.waseda.ac.jp
Mon Dec 18 01:53:08 UTC 1995

I find Professor Birnbaum's statements rather convincing. Advertisements
should carry obvious title in the Subject header and should be restricted
to a few lines (usually a pointer to an e-mail address that automatically
responds to anyone who says "Subject: subscribe").

On the other hand reviews by colleagues are always very welcome. Therefore,
if a publisher/auther wants to put their advertisement here, they could
persuade someone else to post a review essay. And I have seen many
articles on the net to the effect that such and such software was rubbish.

With best wishes,
Tsuji