email to russia

PETER HODGSON HODGSON at humnet.ucla.edu
Fri Feb 3 02:24:41 UTC 1995

>Date sent:      Thu, 2 Feb 1995 09:25:31 CST.
>Send reply to: "SEELangs: Slavic & E. European Languages &
>       literatures list"              <SEELANGS at CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU>
>From:           "Gregg.Opelka at ala.org" <Gregg.Opelka at uic.edu>
>Subject:        Khabarovsk
>To:             Multiple recipients of list SEELANGS
><SEELANGS at CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU>
>
>I am looking for the e-mail address of someone in Khabarovsk who
>wouldn't mind delivering a message to a friend of mine there. Do any
>of
>you have such a contact who wouldn't mind obliging? -- Spasibo
>zaranee -- Gregg O.
E-mail offers a felicitous way for language students, advanced
students and scholars to communicate directly [if, for the time
being, transliterationally] with their peers in Russia.

I would like to start working on a directory of e-mail sites and
network services accessible to Russians;  I understand that there are
not very many.  Please let me know what you know about this.

Peter Hodgson
Slavic Dept.
UCLA
hodgson at humnet.ucla.edu