Preparing and evaluting students for study abroad

David J Birnbaum djbpitt+ at pitt.edu
Sat Feb 4 21:05:14 UTC 1995

Dear Colleagues,

I have been asked to present a brief report at a meeting of the Institute
for European Studies in March, in which I am to address preparing and
evaluating Russian language students for study abroad. I know what we do
here at the University of Pittsburgh, and I have read "Predictors of
Foreign Language Gain during Study Abroad" by Richard Brecht, Dan
Davidson, and Ralph Ginsberg. But I'd be interested in collecting
information about what you all do at your universities, and also about how
you would do things differently if you could. Please send your comments by
email to me (djbpitt+ at pitt.edu) directly (not to SEELANGS), and I will
post a summary some time toward the end of March.

Thank you,

David
Professor David J. Birnbaum      djbpitt+ at pitt.edu
The Royal York Apartments, #802  http://www.pitt.edu/~djbpitt/
3955 Bigelow Boulevard           voice: 1-412-624-5712
Pittsburgh, PA  15213  USA       fax:   1-412-624-9714