First-year Russian language textbook "Golosa"

christina kramer kramer at epas.utoronto.ca
Thu Feb 9 20:45:10 UTC 1995

>>From the responses I have read so far, Golosa takes aproximately two
years to complete.  This leads to several other questios.  We
currently use Focus on Russian in second year.  What book do programs
use in third-year?  Does Golosa help retain students?  Do you sense
thare students are completing the first two year sequence and
advancing to higher levels?  Also, what levels of reading competency
do you assume by the second-year?  and the third year?  This
discussion is extremely helpful and I am grateful for all the