Intro Text: Lipson's A Russian course

Justin Langseth just at MIT.EDU
Fri Feb 10 05:42:54 UTC 1995

I was wondering if there are any other fans of Alexander Lipson's
"A Russian Course" out there in SEELANGS land.  I started with Lipson's
series in Russian 1 here at MIT, and really enjoyed it.  Unfortunately
the MIT Russian department has been eliminated (really shocking, in my
opinion).

The text is quite non-traditional: the first sentance that I learned to
speak in Russian was "Kak zhivut udarniki?"  The response, of course, is
"Ydarniki zhivut khorosho."  It then goes on to tell tales of the
bezdelniki, of the betonii zavod, and of the other residents of a
city known as Blinsk.
                                                - JL