Intro Text: Lipson's A Russian course

Charlotte Wallace charlo at u.washington.edu
Fri Feb 10 18:26:42 UTC 1995

I never taught Lipson--I was told that one shouldn't if one hadn't take
the course with the man, himself, or one of his apprentices, but I always
heard wonderful things about the classes and enjoyed thumbing through the
book myself.  Could it be that students were most motivated because their
intellect as well as rote language skills was being tested?

Charlotte Wallace
Slavic Department, DP-32
University of Washington
Seattle, WA 98195