rokery

James West jdwest at u.washington.edu
Fri Feb 24 21:59:17 UTC 1995

Seems to mean both, as I've heard it, with the biker gang member being
the secondary and more recent meaning. I'll be back in SPb in a couple of
weeks, and I'll try asking a few people. Do you know, by the way, the
encyclopedia of Russian rock music that came out in 1990? (Rok muzyka v
SSSR. Opyt populiarnoi entsiklopedii. M., "Kniga", 1990). It's a mine of
information on the Russian rock culture, but does not have entry for "roker."