Call for paper proposals M/MLA (fwd)

John J. Ronald jamison at owlnet.rice.edu
Sat Jan 7 23:09:48 UTC 1995

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 1995 16:56:52 -0600
From: Randolph D. Pope <rpope at artsci.wustl.edu>
To: Multiple recipients of list H-CLC <H-CLC at MSU.EDU>
Subject: Call for paper proposals M/MLA

From: Seth Katz <seth at bradley.bradley.edu>

Please forward this call to any and all (lists and individuals) who might
be interested.  I apologize to people who receive it more than once.
Thanks.

Seth Katz
seth at bradley.edu

               Call for proposals for the 1995 M/MLA
                    *Computer Research Section*

                "Computers and Teaching Literature"

Computer-aided instruction is a well-established part of most composition
curricula; but how are we incorporating computers into our literature
teaching?

Papers should _describe_ and _analyze_ the use of computer technology in
teaching literature.  How are teachers incorporating computer use, both
in and out of the classroom, into curricula, classes, individual
lessons?  How, for example, are teachers using on-line or CD-ROM editions
of texts?  Having students use CD-ROM and Internet resources as research
tools?  Using on-line discussion of and response to texts?  Creating new
literature-related instructional software?

And what uses of computer technology have particularly succeeded?  Or
failed?  And why?

Proposals of two pages in length should be sent to

                Seth Katz, Chair
                1995 M/MLA Computer Research Section
                c/o Department of English
                Bradley University
                Peoria, Illinois  61625

or to           seth at bradley.edu

Inquiries are welcome.  Please submit proposals before March 1, 1995.