*NEW* - The Virtual CALL Library

Matthew Platts sffc1 at mailhost.central.susx.ac.uk
Mon Jul 24 02:33:55 UTC 1995

The Language Centre at the University of Sussex, England, now has a
World-Wide Web site featuring details of our courses in a variety of
languages (including English as Foreign Language).  There are also pages of
annotated links to Internet resources for a variety of languages.  Point
your web browser at URL:

http://www.sussex.ac.uk/langc/welcome.html

The new web pages are also home to what I believe is a unique resource: a
'Virtual CALL Library' of shareware and freeware available for download via
the Internet.  This area aims to be a central point of access to the diverse
collection of Computer Aided Language Learning (CALL) software scattered
across the Internet, by providing clickable links to as much of this
software as I can find.  At present, only PC software (i.e. IBM compatible)
is listed.

As far as possible, each entry is linked to the program's location on one of
the major archives (e.g. CICA, SimTel, Garbo) and to the 'master
distribution site' where the author uploads new releases.  Additionally, if
the author maintains online information (such as a Web site) about the
product, there should be a link to that.

If you have WWW access, please take a look at the site and let me know what
you think.  Any suggestions or additions would be welcomed; if you've found
(or written) a useful Internet resource or software for language learners,
I'd like to know about it.
My e-mail address is M.R.Platts at sussex.ac.uk.

Cheers,
Matt
Matthew Platts, Language Centre, University of Sussex,
Falmer, Brighton, East Sussex BN1 9QN, England.
E-mail: M.R.Platts at sussex.ac.uk
http://www.sussex.ac.uk/langc/welcome.html
***** Home of the Virtual CALL Library! *****