Taking a VCR to Russia

Robert F. Druien mfrfd at uxa.ecn.bgu.edu
Mon Mar 6 22:01:46 UTC 1995

Unless it has changed the Russian video system was French SECAM.
The best deal on a multistandard VCR is the Pansonic AG-W1.
It plays and records almost all standards with an ordinary US monitor and has
a built-in 220V capability (although factory set on 110-127-if purchased in US)

We have used our for French, German, Malaysian, Chinese, Russian, and American
videos.  It does a good job, tho a might pricey for individuals--$2350.
There is also an AIWA for $600-700, but I have no experience with it.

Bob Druien
mfrfd at uxa.ecn.bgu.edu