Odd Russian Religious Sect

Bill Comer WCOMER%UKANVM.bitnet at CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU
Thu Mar 9 21:20:13 UTC 1995

Dear Seelangers--
Someone has asked me to help come up with the name of a Russian religious
sect that would be distinguished by the following belief/ practice:
  the members of this sect save all their hair and nail clippings and
  and bury them with the member when he dies.  The reason for saving
  all of these parts of the person is so that the member may be com-
  pletely reassembled when the resurrection of the dead takes place.
  (Bodily excrement doesn't seem to count since it's not a "permanent"
  part of the body.)

Those are all the details that I have, and even those I have only third
hand.  I would appreciate suggestions, even if your sect doesn't corre-
spond in all its particulars with the above.  I know it sounds very odd,
and I am at a loss to identify what sect the person has in mind.
Please send responses to me off the list.

William Comer
Slavic Languages
University of Kansas
Lawrence, KS  66045