Trip to the Czech Republic

Kati Dana KDANA at NORWICH.BITNET
Mon Mar 27 20:45:33 UTC 1995

        A friend and I are traveling to the Czech Republic with
our teenage sons this summer (June 27 - July 5).  Maria wants to
research her Czech Jewish past, but she knows very little about her
heritage.  Her grandparents, named Moser (sp?), left a large glass
manufacturing concern behind when they escaped just before Hitler
invaded.  They died while she was very little; her mother has also
died and her father has Alzheimer's, so the family sources on her past
are very limited.
        Can anyone suggest ways for us to research her heritage
either in this country or once we arrive in the Czech Republic?  Also,
we would appreciate pointers on places to stay -- we would like to spend
some time in Prague, a day or two in Karlovy Vary, and some time somewhere
in the countryside.  And, finally, any ideas on things that teenage boys,
(ages 15 and 16, quite savvy in history for Americans and both interested
in photography) might really enjoy would be most appreciated.
        Please reply directly to me:  KDANA at NORWICH.BITNET.

Thank you in advance,  Kati Dana.