Alternative to Leon Ungier's SuperDic: Word Translator for Windows

Angelika Meyer ameyer at leland.stanford.edu
Fri Mar 31 22:53:42 UTC 1995

Windows users might be interested in checking out Word Translator for
Windows v3.0. A shareware version (English-Russian-English) is available on
the net. (The shareware version has 5000 words only; the full version has
100,000). There exists a version for DOS and one for Windows. Word
Translator also has support for several other Slavic and non-Slavic
languages (see included file 2.)

I tested out the Windows version, and I was impressed. I wish they would
develop something like this for the Mac!

Angelika Meyer

-------------- begin included file 1 ------------

>From: transusa at usa.net (Jim Connolly/Translation Experts USA)
>Newsgroups: comp.archives.msdos.announce
>Subject: wt4w3are.zip - English<->Russian dictionary & translator
>
>I have uploaded to SimTel, the Coast to Coast Software Repository (tm),
>(available by anonymous ftp from the primary mirror site OAK.Oakland.Edu
>and its mirrors):
>
>ftp://oak.oakland.edu/SimTel/win3/lang/wt4w3are.zip
>
>SimTel/win3/lang/
>wt4w3are.zip    English<->Russian dictionary & translator
>
>Word Translator for Windows v3.0 word/phrase dictionary & translator with
>Russian-English & English-Russian bilingual bi-directional word/phrase
>dictionary modules, as-you-type spell-checking, prediction mode,
>word/phrase translation mode, two word/phrase document translation modes,
>Code Page 1251 (Cyrilic) TrueType font, keybaord mapping, driver & layout
>icon & window, Code Page text converter and more. Writes automatic
>"reverse translations" of new dictionary entries.  Fully functional for
>evaluation period.
>
>Special requirements: Windows 3.1x & Windows word processor-- e.g. MS
>Word, AmiPro, WordPerfect or MS Works.
>
>wt4w3are.zip has replaced wt4w30re.zip.
>
>Fully functional ShareWare that allows you to add new entries &
>translations to dictionaries.  Uploaded by US distributor.
>
>Jim Connolly
>Translation Experts USA
>transusa at usa.net

-------------- end included file 1 ------------

And this are the languages available (the list for the Windows version is
similar):

-------------- begin included file 2 ------------

>Available Dictionary Modules with Word Translator for DOS v3.52:
>
>English-Spanish-English (25,000 entries*)--@ US$ 9.95 each
>English-Portuguese-English (25,000 entries*)--@ US$ 59.95 each
>English-Russian-English I (40,000 entries*)--@ US$ 59.95 each
>English-Russian-English II (72,000 entries*)--@ US$ 114.95 each
>English-Russian-English III (103,000 entries*)--@ US$ 164.95 each
>(Russian DOS versions require the use of WordPerfect with the Russian module
>or other software to enable you to print Cyrillic characters)
>English-Danish-English I (40,000 entries*)--@ US$ 59.95 each
>English-Danish-English II (72,000 entries*)--@ US$ 114.95 each
>English-German-English I (30,000 entries*)--@ US$ 39.95 each
>English-German-English II (72,000 entries*)--@ US$ 59.95 each
>English-German-English III (120,000 entries*)--@ US$ 114.95 each
>English-Croatian-English (28,000 entries*)--@ US$ 59.95 each
>English-Norwegian-English I (30,000 entries*)--@ US$ 59.95 each
>English-Norwegian-English II (72,000 entries*)--@ US$ 114.95 each
>English-Norwegian-English III (120,000 entries*)--@ US$ 164.95 each
>English-French-English (32,800 entries*)--@ US$ 39.95 each
>-- contains separate "paired" Eng-Fre & Fre-Eng dictionary modules

-------------- end included file 2 ------------

Disclaimer: This is not a commercial, so don't flame me. I just consider it
a waste of my time to edit out the price info from this file. I have no
connection whatsoever to the developers of this software.

Angelika Meyer