Jobs in Russian

Denis Crnkovic cronk at gac.edu
Wed Nov 1 15:41:35 UTC 1995

Re: Emily Tall's request for information on what our students do after they
graduate with degrees in Russian/East European areas.

Here is a quick list of what some of our recent graduates are doing or have
done.

*Assistant advertising editor for the Moscow Times (Moscow)
*Instructor of English at the Lutheran Seminary in Budapest, Hungary
*Field Officer/overseer for International Rescue Committee in charge of the
Tuzla, BH region
*International analyst for Yamomoto Maas, Minneapolis
*Coordinator for Russian-American high school student exchanges at Project
Harmony
*Clerk for US Embassy, Moscow
*Special Services, CIA
*Attorney, specializing in international law, Illinois Bar
*Post doctoral research (particle physics) at University of Illinois --
this former student has used his Russian extensively in cooperating with
displaced Russian physicists

The list does not include those who have gone on to grad school in related
fields, which include Russian Studies, Slavic Literature, Political Science
and law, amomg others.

I would also be interested in seeing what other grads from other schools go
on to do.

Hope this is helpful.

Denis

Denis Crnkovic'