CD on Russian Culture

Emily Tall MLLEMILY at ubvms.cc.buffalo.edu
Fri Nov 10 20:19:32 UTC 1995

As I have done before, i recommend Peter Maggs of the University of
Illinois as a good source of information on obtaining copyright permissions.
>>From my own experience in getting permissions for reading selections in a
textbook, I can say that you should always send registered letters (that
costs about $6.00 to Russia). That way you have a documented record of
your good faith effort. Many times the people I wrote to in Russia didn't
answer the first time, when I wrote via regular air mail.l Often they
don't answer anyway, especially if not a lot of money is involved.
To get permission to use rock songs, I had to have someone in Russia
chase down all the copyright holders. Good luck! Emily Tall
mllemily at ubvms.cc.buffalo.edu