Question on db searching SEELANGS

Alex Rudd AHRJJ at CUNYVM.BITNET
Wed Nov 15 08:54:49 UTC 1995

On Tue, 14 Nov 1995 17:57:24 EST Elliott Parker said:
>Sorry for this personal msg., but somebody on this list sent me a
>question this afternoon about archive searching and, in trying to
>do too many things at once, I deleted it.
>   Could you please resend it and not only will I try to answer,
>I'll not to delete it.  :-)

Dear SEELangers,

There's no need to bother Elliott Parker with your database search
questions.  That's what I'm here for.  :)

I wrote a short file explaining the basics of searching the SEELANGS
archives.  Because I based the format of that file on a similar file
Elliott had written for his lists, I gave him credit at the top of
mine.  But don't get confused; he has nothing to do with this list.

If you'd like to be sent a copy of the file explaining how to search
the archives, send e-mail to:

LISTSERV at CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU

Put anything you want in the Subject line (or leave it blank;
LISTSERV ignores it anyway) and in the main body of the text put:

GET SEELANGS SEARCH

and it will be mailed to you.

(Note: Bitnet users must append F=MAIL to that or it will be sent
in Netdata format.  Also note that you must send a *new* e-mail
message with that command.  Replying to this one won't work.)

If anyone ever has any question regarding their subscription
or LISTSERV and its commands, please feel free to send directly
to the list owners at:

SEELANGS-Request at CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU

Thanks.

- Alex Rudd, list owner of SEELANGS