WWW resource proposal

robert beard rbeard at bucknell.edu
Wed Nov 15 19:19:17 UTC 1995

George's proposal for an AATSEEL Web site is a good one; by next week it
will probably even be overdue things are chaning so fast.  The LYCOS index
listed over 5 million websites this past June; last week it past the 10
million mark.  I have a list of over 90 online or downloadable dictionaries
at my site, including Russian-English and English-Russian.  Unfortunately,
the dictionaries are in Russia on Elvis and slow to use.  The AATSEEL
website would actually be a good place for a faster one in the US.

If this were an AATSEEL-SEELANGS site, it could also include a search
machine such as the HARVEST program recently attached to the LINGUIST
archive.  This would allow anyone to simply insert a search word or two and
retrieve all the SEELANGS postings mentioning the words.  Direct links
would then take you directly to them.  Again, someone would have to take on
the responsibility for setting it up but my impression is that maintenance
is fairly simple.
Robert Beard
   Telephone: 717-524-1336
Russian & Linguistics Programs