Information about Int'l Congress of Slavists

Michael Flier flier at HUSC.BITNET
Thu Nov 23 19:22:20 UTC 1995

Dear Prof. Beard:

If you and your colleagues receive the AAASS newsletter and/or the
AATSEEL newsletter, then you received complete information about the
Congress at the same time as the chairs of Ph.D.-granting institutions.
Part of the problem of communicating information about the Congress is in
finding a central source (e.g., the chair of a Slavic department) to copy
and distribute the letter, application forms, etc. to as many qualified
Slavists as possible).  The ACS does not have the staff or the financial
resources to send a notification to everyone on the AATSEEL or AAASS
mailing list.  With e-mail now in full swing, however, this problem
should be alleviated in the future, as I mentioned in my recent posting.

It is important to note, by the way, that the International Congress of
Slavists is devoted to consideration of Slavic (especially comparative)
and not strictly Russian issues.

Sincerely,

Michael Flier, Chairman
American Committee of Slavists