Language Translation Request

Murray F Spiegel spiegel at thumper.bellcore.com
Wed Nov 29 02:28:00 UTC 1995

There is an international  cross-cultural linguistics project to translate
6 lines of nontechnical text into as many languages as possible.
We already have about 75 languages; given the strong interest in this project,
we want to expand what we have.

I've attached a list of commonly used languages we do not yet have.
If you can help us obtain a translation for any of them,
please respond to spiegel at bellcore.com.

For each language we want to obtain:
 - A translation into the language's native script - printed carefully or typed
 - A recording of someone saying the text (preferably a native)
 - If possible, a transliteration for an English speaker

E-mail contact with translators is most convenient.  We can help
by mailing cassetttes and mailers for those without workstations capable
of recording audio.

I'm not subscribed to SEELANGS, so please reply directly to my
personal address.

Thanking you in advance;

Murray Spiegel
Speech Technology Research
Bellcore, Room 1C-237R
445 South Street
Morristown, NJ 07960-6438

Phone: 201-829-4518
Fax:   201-829-5963
email: spiegel at bellcore.com

========== ========== ========== ========== ========== ========== ==========

--- Here is the relevant excerpt of the language list ---

        Slavic / East European:

UKRAINIAN in Ukraine, rank:23
CZECH in Czechoslovakia, rank:64
BELORUSSIAN in Belarus, rank:71