ethnic expressions

Ernest Scatton escatton at cnsvax.albany.edu
Sat Oct 14 13:11:24 UTC 1995

Ernest Scatton                               Germanic & Slavic HU254
518-442-4224 (w)                             UAlbany (SUNY)
518-482-4934 (h)                             Albany NY 12222
On Sat, 14 Oct 1995, Alexander Boguslawski wrote:

> Browsing today through my Greek dictionary, I discovered, quite accidentally,
> armeniki episkepsis -- an Armenian visit (that is, unduly prolonged).  If I
> find more, I'll send them for the list's enjoyment. Keep sending these notes,
> they are amusing and fascinating.  Thanks!
>
> Alex Boguslawski, Rollins College
> ABoguslawski at Rollins.edu

This reminds me of a Bulgarian expression I heard/was taught years ago:

armjansko proshtavane 'Armenian farewell': long drawn-out leave-taking.
Is this a Balkanism?