Assessment of study abroad programs

Karen Robblee KER4 at PSUVM.PSU.EDU
Mon Oct 16 15:52:00 UTC 1995

Dear Colleagues,

In order to assess the success of our summer study abroad program in
Russia, our dean has recently asked us to implement pre- and
post-testing of students who participate.  I am familiar with the ACTFL
oral proficiency examination as a means of testing.  It is my
understanding, however, that it can only be conducted by certified
testers in person.  Are there other types of tests available?  What do
other colleges and universities used to assess their language programs
abroad.

Please respond to me personally.  If there is an interest, I will post a
summary of responses to the list.

Sincerely,
Karen Robblee