Possible Balalaika Concert

Laurie Iudin-Nelson iudinnel at martin.luther.edu
Mon Oct 23 16:26:19 UTC 1995

Todd,
        I just read your message over SEELANGS, and regretfully
can't help you with any information for your student.
        However, would Grinnel be interested in hosting
a balalaika concert in February?  The Luther College Balalaika
Ensemble is trying to set up its spring concert tour.  The
group is very good, we perform folk and dance music with the
following instruments:  prima domra, alto domra, bass domra,
prima balalaika, secunda balalaika, alto balalaika, bass balalaika,
accordion.  We ask no fees for performing, yet help with transportation
costs is appreciated.
        Would Grinnel be interested in this?  If so, please contact
me at the following address:
        Prof. Laurie Iudin-Nelson
        Dept. of Russian Studies
        Luther College