Native Russian, Polish, Czech and Hungarian speakers needed

Vakareliyska vakarel at OREGON.UOREGON.EDU
Fri Apr 5 23:23:50 UTC 1996

I am forwarding this message for a colleague who is not a member of this
list, who requests that it be passed on to native speakers of Russian,
Polish, Czech or Hungarian (SEELANGS members, their students, etc.). The
project seeks voice recordings, which will be used by computer scientists
and linguists at the Oregon Graduate Institute to develop telephone and
other computer technology which can understand spoken languages other than
English. Thus, they need a large and statistically reliable sample of
recordings from native speakers of these languages.  The recordings will be
analyzed spectrographically and in other acoustic ways.  Other languages
involved include Japanese, Mandarin, Cantonese, Italian, French, German,
Swahili, Swedish, Vietnamese, Korean, and Arabic.
       *** It is important that participating callers mention specifically
DORIS PAYNE or the UNIVERSITY OF OREGON when telephoning.