Changing the "reply" default for SEELangs

Ernest Scatton escatton at cnsvax.albany.edu
Thu Apr 18 19:27:53 UTC 1996

While I appreciate the popular opinion that the spontaneity of SEELANGS
is a virtue, I still feel the way I felt last fall---even more so given
the recent spate of mispostings. As the forum of AATSEEL (yes, it was
initiated by the organization about 5 years ago), it needs to be
moderated, as is LINGUIST--with no apparent degradation in service. There
are plenty of places on the internet for free-wheeling, unmoderated
exchange for people who want it.

Ernest Scatton                                       Germanic & Slavic Hum254
518-442-4224 (w)                                               UAlbany (SUNY)
518-482-4934 (h)                                                    Albany NY
518-442-4217 (fax)                                                      12222
                   cnsvax.albany.edu/~alin220/slav_dept (WWW)