Russian TV by satellite

John D Kachur jdkst12+ at pitt.edu
Tue Apr 23 17:58:59 UTC 1996

Dear Colleagues,

I am looking for information on what TV signals are available
from what Russian satellites. Our satellite link has been
down for about a year (bad dish) and our Media Services
department needs some persuading in order to replace it.
I am just beginning to look into the problem. I know
we used to pick up signals from the "Molniia" satellite,
but it was shut off by the Soviets. Then we were fixed
on the "Gorizont." Is that still up, flying, and
broadcasting? Can anyone whose campus receives a live feed
describe your hook-up or give me the coordinates of whoever
it is that maintains your link?

Thanks for the help!