jobs

Paul A. Klanderud paulkla at mail.pressenter.com
Tue Apr 23 18:18:00 UTC 1996

Regarding Emily Tall's message about the NSA, I wonder if her acquaintance's
experience is the exception rather than the norm: in back of the Fall 1995
issue of <Slavic Review> is an ad from the NSA stating, among other things,
"...We have positions available in a variety of languages, particularly
Asian, Middle Eastern and Slavic (except Russian)..."

>Seelangers may be interested to know that the National Security Agency
>in Washington is very interested in people who know Russian. This
>information comes from a young lady who worked there for a few years
>after studying Russian in Monterey and who has just enrolled at SUNY/
>Buffalo. She said the NSA was trying very hard to get her to come back.
>Emily Tall mllemily at ubvms.cc.buffalo.edu

Paul A. Klanderud
N8106 1130th Street
River Falls, Wisconsin 54022