boosting enrollments for fall '96

Genevra Gerhart ggerhart at wolfenet.com
Tue Apr 23 22:07:45 UTC 1996

Yeay, list!
Rah, rah, rah, list!

This is the topic that really deserves discussion.  It's a realization
and recognition of the fact that (a) without students, we will
disappear; and (b) there's a willingness to do something about it.  The
AATSEEL web page could be used for preserving specific suggestions on
getting students, and then keeping them, at least for a while.

Furthermore, I would like to promote the notion that one learns Russian
not to grow up to be a big hairy critical linguist, but perhaps a
geographer more comfortably mapping southern Siberia; or a
business"person" arranging, with somewhat greater ease,
telecommunications to Archangel; or perhaps a doctor who can more
effectively suggest treatments for survivors--of all sorts.  Russian
should be like Coke -- it goes better with everything.  Anybody checked
into Coke stock lately?
--
Genevra Gerhart                         http://www.wolfe.net/~ggerhart/

2134 E. Interlaken  Bl.                 Tel. 206/329-0053
Seattle, WA  98112                      ggerhart at wolfenet.com