Translation Internship

Yuri K. Zur zurblitz at sovam.com
Wed Apr 24 09:41:30 UTC 1996

Dear Fellow Slavists:

I would like to inform you of an internship opportunity in St.
Petersburg.  The Russian-Baltic Information Center (BLITZ) is a
small publishing firm engaged mostly in the publication of
scholarly and scientific books.  BLITZ also maintains ties with the
St. Petersburg branch of the PEN-club, and international
writers' organization, so there are potential opportunities for
literary translation assignments as well.

BLITZ is looking for translators.  What we require is a committment
of at least three-four months, though preference is given to those
who can make a longer committment.  The pay is "Russian" and we
cannot afford to pay for a ticket to come here or other such perks.
What we can offer is a chance to get practical translation
experience - and you will receive mention in the works that you
translate (a good way to start your publications list).

If you would like more specific information, please email Elena
Tsvetkova directly at the following email address:

                     zurblitz at sovam.com

Please be sure to write "internship" in the subject line of your
message.

Thank you.