Pushkin

Glen Worthey gworthey at garnet.berkeley.edu
Fri Aug 9 13:10:25 UTC 1996

At 11:57 PM 8/7/96 -0500, Emily Tall wrote:
>Does anyone know any good Pushkin jokes? Thanks, Emily Tall

You might start with Daniil Kharms, who has a series of seven "Anekdoty iz
zhizni Pushkina" and a separate "Pushkin i Gogol'" included in his most
famous cycle of VERY short stories, "Sluchai."

There are also a number of Pushkin anecdotes from "Psevdo-Kharms" (composed
in the 1960s, I believe, in imitation of the real Kharms).

The "Sluchai" cycle is available in most editions of Kharms's prose (the
most available being _Polet v nebesa_, 1988); that, as well as
Psevdo-Kharms, is published in a Kharms collection called _Gorlo bredit
britvoiu_, which is No. 4 (1991) of the journal _Glagol_.

Of course, these Pushkin anecdotes are very specific (and rather uniform) in
their humor, are really not much like what you might usually call jokes
about Pushkin.  But they're really fun; I like them a lot.

Glen