Casting call: pre-AATSEEL workshop, 1996

Sibelan Forrester sforres1 at swarthmore.edu
Thu Dec 5 21:36:25 UTC 1996

Mnogouvazhaemye kollegi/Stovani profesori i studenti na postdiplomskom!

As it did in 1994 and 1995, the Association for Women in Slavic Studies
will present a workshop on job interviewing the evening before the AATSEEL
convention at the conference hotel in Washington, DC, on December 27 from
7:00 to 9:00 p.m.  After presentations about various aspects of the
interviewing process, we hope to enact a mock job interview, which will be
analyzed for general edification.  Anyone who intends to interview for jobs
this year or in the future, or who would like to take a stroll down memory
lane, is most welcome.

Please pass this information along to people you know who do not subscribe
to SEELANGS but could benefit from the experience.

We are still looking for additional speakers or mock-interview
participants.  If you might be interested contact me at
<SFORRES1 at swarthmore.edu> or the coordinates below.  Comments and
suggestions are always welcome.

If you would like to organize this event in 1997, please do get in touch.
I will be happy to pass along my own notes and comments, as well as the
very useful materials gathered and created by Diane Nemec-Ignashev, who put
together the first of these workshops in 1994.  You need not be a member of
AWSS to coordinate this meeting -- anyone concerned about the difficulties
of the current job market is both eligible and qualified.

Spasibo, djakuju, hvala najljepse,

Sibelan Forrester
Swarthmore College
500 College Ave.
Swarthmore, PA  19081-1397   USA
(610) 328-8162

P. S.  Abjectest apologies for the message I sent to the list earlier today
-- obviously, not the one I intended to send.