Apple Mac s/w

Devin Asay Devin_Asay at byu.edu
Thu Feb 1 17:44:18 UTC 1996

>I am receiving some good replies to my software query. tnx
>
>I would also like to hear of any Mac Russian word processors. Does any
>one know of Travolga's inexpensive one for IBM also being available for
>the Mac. IBM version cost only $35 and was great.
>
>tnx
>Pc Wood

If you are using system 7.X all you need to do is get Apple's Russian
language script, keyboard and fonts and install them in your system folder.
Then you can use Russian fonts in any WorldScript savvy application
(almost everything now, except Microsoft Word :-( .)  Nisus Software, Inc.,
in particular, takes great pains to support this Mac OS feature and even
includes the system resources with its word processor application.

In addition, there are several excellent third party font packages
available for Russian, which enable ANY Mac application to produce Russian
text.

Devin Asay
Assistant Research Fellow
Humanities Research Center
Brigham Young University
3045A JKHB                                   Tel:  (801) 378-6510
PO Box 26106                           Fax:  (801) 378-4649
Provo, UT  84602-6106                  Internet: Devin_Asay at byu.edu