for linguists?

Clive Porter CPORTER at ESA.BITNET
Fri Feb 2 10:58:19 UTC 1996

cc: RRILEY  --ESA

*** Reply to note of 96-02-02 11:24
From: Clive Porter (cporter%esa.bitnet at esoc.esa.de
Subject: Re: for linguists?
Today, Jouko Lindstedt wrote :
> > > does any of you know
> >
> > I thought this list was for linguists - can anybody spot the deliberate
> > mistake?
>
> I really don't understand your point. Anyway, "linguist" does not mean a
> person who has a native-like command of English. On this list we are
> studying other languages.

And he was correct of course, I really don't know what came over me and
would therefore like to take this oportunity to apologise, not only
to Jouko, but to the entire SEELANGS readership.

I shall try and ensure that this kind of outburst does not occur again
in the future.

Yours apoligetically

Clive
tel    : +33-1-53-69-71-75