EDUC. EXCHANGE TO RUSSIA

Neil Bermel BERMEL at humnet.ucla.edu
Fri Feb 2 18:53:30 UTC 1996

Date:          Thu, 1 Feb 96 22:25:08 EST
From:          Project Harmony <pharmony at igc.apc.org>
To:            Multiple recipients of list <civilsoc at solar.rtd.utk.edu>
Subject:       EDUC. EXCHANGE TO RUSSIA

                                                        February 1, 1996

PROJECT HARMONY TEACHER EXCHANGE TRIP TO SIBERIA
MARCH 29-APRIL 13, 1996

Project Harmony is celebrating our fifth year of teacher
exchange programs with Russia with our first educator's foray
to Barnaul, Siberia.  For the second year the United States
Information Agency has provided funding which allows us to
greatly reduce the price for participating American teachers.
There are only six slots still available for this once in a
lifetime experience!

On March 29, 1996 American teachers will travel to Moscow
and then on to Barnaul, Siberia where we will live with and
work side-by-side with our Russian counterparts in order to
understand each other's educational system and daily lifestyle.
The Moscow portion of the trip will include cultural excursions
to such landmarks as the Kremlin and an evening performance
of the ballet or opera.  The cost of this trip will be $1750 and
will include round-trip airfare connecting from major US
cities to JFK Airport in New York to Moscow, visa costs,
insurance and all program costs while in Russia.  A Project
Harmony representative will travel with the group to provide
logistical support.

The second part of this exchange involves the hosting of
Russian teachers in November, 1996.  This segment of the
Teacher Exchange Program is designed to introduce Russian
teachers to innovative teaching methods and materials in their
fields of expertise.

As stated by a participant in last year's program, "I will
definitely be able to use this experience in the future.  I have a
better perspective on my own life and teaching commitment.  I
also have a stronger interest in the future of Russia.  I would
highly recommend this adventure to any open-minded, flexible
person."

Group size is limited to 18 participants.  Teachers and
administrators of mixed disciplines as well as friends of
education are also welcome to participate.  If you are
interested in hosting or traveling with this program, please
contact Barbara Miller as soon as possible at Project Harmony
(800) 545-7734.