quote from Siniavsky

Emil Draitser edraitse at shiva.Hunter.CUNY.EDU
Mon Feb 12 13:03:24 UTC 1996

Dear Seelangs subscribers: I am on a deadline of submitting a manuscript
and our library does not have the needed book. I was told that it should
take about two weeks to get it. If anyone has handy a published source
with Andrey Siniavsky's article "Literary Process in Russia," I would
appreciate it if you can send me biblio data on it (book title,
pages, publisher, place and year). I need the page on which the
following quote is located. It starts with "The Russian is incapable of
admitting that any evil can derive from a Russian, because deep down
(like everyone else, no doubt) within his soul he is good. [and ends
with:] Russian anti-Semitism is a way of externalizing evil, a way of
thrusting our own sins into a scapedoat."

I would be very grateful for help. You may send me the message directly
to my e-mail address: <edraitse at shiva.hunter.cuny.edu>.

Thank you in advance.

Emil Draitser
P.S. Siniavsky could sign this article with his pen name "Abram Tertz."