travel costs

Melanie Heidi Ram melanie at gwis2.circ.gwu.edu
Tue Feb 13 07:13:06 UTC 1996

I am a graduate student preparing for a trip to do dissertation research in
Ljubljana and Prague, probably next fall, and was wondering if anyone who
is in or has recently travelled to either of these cities could provide me with
estimates of some travel/living costs.

I plan to spend 1 or 2 months in each city and would like to find out:
1) the cost of a private room or apartment (and any specific
addresses/phone numbers for any recommended place), 2) the cost of train
fare between Ljubljana and Prague, and between Prague and Moscow (or any
part of that trip), 3) an average per day food budget for each city.

Any estimates on these and any other notable travel or living expenses in
these cities would be appreciated.

Melanie Ram
Ph.D. Candidate
George Washington University