Ukrainian lists

Bohdan Peter Rekshynskyj NEMESIS at TRYZUB.com
Tue Feb 13 20:17:18 UTC 1996

At 13:55 2/13/96, Ernest Scatton wrote:

>Could anyone recommend a couple of good Ukrainian internet resources
>(lists, USENET news groups) that we could pass on to a couple of
>Ukrainian IREXers?
>
>Please respond off list.
I'm responding on list since that's the purpose of a list - to share
information amongst its members.  I've cc'ed you as well.

>Thanks in advance.
>
>Ernest Scatton                                       Germanic & Slavic Hum254

Here you are:

                Cheers,

                                                Bohdan

GROUPS

soc.culture.ukrainian - disappointing due to constant flame wars
alt.current-events.ukraine - ditto
(I started up both groups)

There are ukr.* groups but it really depends on your Internet services
provider...  You can also subscribe via email to them.  Items are mostly
in Ukrainian (with some Russian).

* * *
WEB SITE

Starting point for your INTERNET cruising site -
 http://world.std.com/~sabre/UKRAINE.html
There are many others - see the bottom of the page for other links.

This site will be extensively covered in this Friday's Ukrainian Weekly (the
 largest
Ukrainian paper in English dealing with Ukraine and Ukrainian Diaspora) as an
article.  Their phone number is 201 434 0237
* * *

LISTS...

   There are several fora dealing with matters Ukrainian.  They
are shown below.  One may expect anything from 10 to 30 email messages
on a typical day.  Andrij Ukrainec is the moderator of those
lists and has graciously spent a lot of his free time in
the support of said lists.

The addresses are as follows:

"ukes-news"             Send email to "ukes-news-request at soma.crl.mcmaster.ca"
                                In the SUBJECT of your message type "subscribe"
"ukes-social"           Send email to "ukes-social-request at soma.crl.mcmaster.ca"
                                In the SUBJECT of your message type "subscribe"
"ucpb" (business)     Send email to "ucpb-request at soma.crl.mcmaster.ca
                                In the SUBJECT of your message type "subscribe"
"UKRAINA"               LISTSERVER

Send the following command:
SUBSCRIBE UKRAINA yourfirstname yourlastname

to:

listserv at ukanaix.cc.ukans.edu