New AATSEEL Web Page

Sibelan E. S. Forrester sforres1 at swarthmore.edu
Tue Feb 13 22:30:43 UTC 1996

I'd like to join the initiators of this page in urging people to contribute
to it.  There's no point developing resources for ourselves or our students
if no one else gets to see them (because they can't find them).  The
structure of the AATSEEL page is far is ambitious, much too broad for
anyone to create it all by themselves (even assuming that they were paid
fairly for their time!).  The more contributors, the richer the resource
will become.

>The ideal volunteer will know how to use e-mail, how to use a web browser,
>knows basic HTML (at least is willing to learn basic HTML), is subscribed to
>the SEELANGS list, is willing to solicit information related to the subject
>category, and defines him/herself as a cybernerd.

...Uh-oh -- self-identification as a cybernerd?  Does this represent a new
twist on "looking like a Slavist"?
(Was my response too defensive?)