Set the satirists loose! ("Dead Souls" . . . )

Zenon M. Feszczak feszczak at sas.upenn.edu
Wed Feb 21 19:05:09 UTC 1996

 3
W6  -

You might be interested in knowing thata new translation of Gogol's "Dead
Souls" in English was just released.   I was ecstatic to find this in the
Penn bookstore, and promptly shoplifted a copy.  Well, it would have
been shoplifting, if I hadn't paid for it.

The stats:

"Dead Souls", you know the author.

New translation by Richard Pevear and Larissa Volokhonsky.
1996 Pantheon Books, Random House, New York.

The same translators did excellent versions of Dostoevsky.

         &  L. J        p!@
Zenon M. Feszczak
Sir Realist of the Enigmatic Troika