SEELANGS Digest - 3 Jan 1996 to 4 Jan 1996

L. Douglas Taylor taylor+ at OSU.EDU
Sat Jan 6 07:23:43 UTC 1996

>Could anyone send instructions on how (and from what web site) to download
>KOI8 so that Russian texts appear in Russian?  I've tried following a
>variety of instructions (with assistance from our Tech service)- but
>nothing seems to work.
>
>Big thanks, Frank Sciacca

Hi, Frank!

There are two sites I would suggest giving a peek at to get a better
understanding of this KOI-8 mess, especially when using a Web browser ...

<http://www.nar.com/tag/koi8_explained.html>
This page explains how to alter Netscape to read KOI-8 for Windows, and
provides links to sites to get KOI-8 fonts.

<http://www.pitt.edu/~mapst57/rus/russian.html>
This page is the ultimate in explaining how to setup up virtually all
things Macintosh to read and write KOI-8/Russian (as well as Mac Cyrillic).

Give both these pages a look, and they, in theory, should help you better
understand what's going on ...

--
 We cross our bridges when we come to them,  | Lance Douglas Taylor
 And burn them behind us, leaving us with    | taylor+ at osu.edu
 nothing but the memory of the smell of      |
 smoke, and the presumption that once our    | Just another meerkat in the
 eyes watered ... - Rosencrantz              | electronic jungle ...