Bowker Prize in Russia

David Powelstock d-powelstock at UCHICAGO.EDU
Tue Jan 23 15:58:36 UTC 1996

That would be the Booker Prize, I believe, which the Brits (who exactly, I
don't recall) award annually to the best work of contemporary Russian
fiction (poetry, too?).  The award for 1995 was recently announced, but alas
the name was not familiar to me and didn't stick.  I'm sure someone else out
there can be of more help!

Best,
David

At 10:39 AM 1/23/96 -0500, you wrote:
>To recepients of SEELANGS
>
>Dear Colleagues,
>
>Does anybody know anything about the Bowker Prize Competition in Russia
>for the  best  book, the  best author for 1995 ?????
>
>My students asked me this question yesterday...
>
>I greatly appreciate your  assistance.
>
>Best wishes
>
>Peter Sekirin
>Slavic Department
>U of Toronto,   "psekirin at epas.utoronto.ca"

*       David Powelstock                (O)   312-702-0035              *
*       Slavic Languages & Literatures  (Dpt) 312-702-8033 (msg)        *
*       University of Chicago           (H)   312-324-5842 (msg)        *
*       1130 E. 59th Street                                     *
*       Chicago, IL  60637                                      *