factory in pre-rev. literature

jvt5350 at is2.nyu.edu jvt5350 at is2.nyu.edu
Fri Jan 26 03:23:58 UTC 1996

>This is a request for help in identifying literary sources (approx. 1890-
>1917), in which the factory is used in some symbolic or "archetypal"
>function, either positive or negative.

The only thing that comes to mind right away is an "archetypal" example on
the "theme of exploitation": see A. Blok's poem "V sosednem dome okna
zhelty, / po vecheram, po vecheram/ skripiat zadumchivye bolty/ podkhodiat
liudi k vorotam...." etc. I think the title IS, actually, "Fabrika."
I don't remember the year but it's easy to check.
Good luck,

Julia Trubikhina,
New York University